Turkey Breast with Apricot Couscous Salad
Ingredients for 4 Servings
- ¾ cup of Fuel By Nature Dried Apricots
- 1 lb couscous
- 2 red onions
- 3 oz black olives without stone
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Pepper from the mill
- 2 tbsp. peanut kernel
- ½ fret mint from the leaves, finely chopped
- 1.5lb turkey breast fillet
- Pinch fresh mint for garnish
Total time approx. 20 minutes
1. Pour 14 fl oz of boiling salted water over the couscous and let it soak for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
2. Peel the onions and cut into cubes. Slice olives. Cut the apricots into small pieces. Peel garlic and chop finely. Finely chop part of the mint. Mix vinegar with coriander, salt and pepper, mix in 3 tablespoons of oil, season to taste. Stir in olives, apricots, garlic, mint and half of the onions and mix with the couscous. Add mint and peanuts and fold in loosely.
3. Cut turkey breast into thin strips, brush thinly with the remaining oil, season with salt and pepper and grill on the hot grill for 1–2 minutes on each side.
4. Arrange the couscous salad with grilled turkey strips on plates, sprinkle with the remaining onion cubes and garnish with mint leaves.