Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 1 cup of Fuel By Nature Dried Apricots
- 1 small chicken (ready to cook; 2 lb)
- 1 fresh bulb of garlic
- 1 cup green olive (without stone)
- 1 organic orange
- 6 branches thyme
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 tbsp. capers (1 oz)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
Total time approx. 20 minutes
1. Rinse the chicken, pat dry and cut into 8 parts. Clean the garlic and cut the bulb in half horizontally. Drain the olives. Wash the orange with hot water, pat dry, thinly cut the peel and squeeze out the juice. Wash the thyme and chervil and shake dry.
2. Put the garlic with olives, orange peel, apricots, capers, 4 sprigs of thyme, bay leaves, oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Add the chicken and mix well with the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
3. Line a deep baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour off the liquid from the bowl, collect it and mix it with the honey and orange juice. Spread the other ingredients from the bowl on the tray. Bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 350°F for 45 minutes until golden brown, gradually pouring the mixed marinade over it while baking.
4. Take the chicken out of the oven and serve garnished with the remaining thyme and chervil.