- ½ cup of Fuel By Nature Dried Figs
- ¼ cup of Fuel By Nature Dried Apricots
- 3 oz raisins
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- 6 oz butter
- ½ cup rice syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 organic lemon zest
- 1 ¾ cup bakers flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 oz chopped orange peel
- 2 oz chopped lemon peel
- ½ cup milk
- Icing sugar for dusting
Total time approx. 1 hours 40 minutes
1. Soak the raisins in orange juice for about 30 minutes.
2. Cut figs up to four for decoration and apricots into small cubes and soak in lukewarm water.
3. In the meantime, stir the butter with rice syrup until foamy, add the eggs and stir for another 2 minutes. Add lemon zest, mix flour with baking powder and sift into the mixture. Fold in the raisins with the juice, orange peel, lemon peel and the well-drained dried fruit and add the milk.
4. Line a loaf pan with baking paper and pour in the batter. Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for about 50–60 minutes until golden brown (make a stick test). Take the baked cake out of the oven, let it cool down, turn it out of the mold and let it cool completely on a wire rack. Cut the remaining figs into slices and place them in the center of the cake. Dusted with icing sugar made from birch sugar and serve sliced.